Speedy Breedy® is an easy to use, portable, precision respirometer that has been designed for both industrial and laboratory applications.
Speedy Breedy® can:
- Test raw ingredients and finished goods for contamination in beer and beverages
- Shorten the time of positive release in food processing
- Test for contamination in drinking water or process water in industrial applications
- Test for contamination in pharmaceutical, household and hygiene products
- Test effectiveness of decontamination processes following a wet strip of all equipment
- Test sterility of food and beverage packaging
- Identify the presence of bacteria in oil and paint
- Test potentially detrimental contaminants, growth and metabolic promoters or inhibitors
- Assist researchers to develop products and techniques where the presence or absence of bacteria needs to be understood, prevented or encouraged
Speedy Breedy® is a single (test versus control or aerobic plus anaerobic), or dual sample, two chamber instrument. Speedy Breedy® maintains culture conditions within purpose designed, disposable culture vessels. Samples are inoculated into the culture vessel, while Speedy Breedy® closely controls growth conditions to a pre-determined protocol to facilitate rapid replication of cells or microbes.
Speedy Breedy's® robust, disposable 50 ml culture vessel eliminates the need for the cleaning of potentially hazardously contaminated bottles. Culture vessels are provided sterile, empty or pre-filled with a range of dry media.
Speedy Breedy® can be used independently or connected to a PC. Using the PC users can design and download pre-determined protocols to Speedy Breedy® and upload experimental results for analysis. Speedy Breedy® also has a removable SD card for field research. Connecting Speedy Breedy® to a PC enables data visualization, allowing users to monitor experiments in near real time.